Several Swedish public agencies provide support to international students. See the following list to find out who you should contact with specific types of questions.

University Admissions in Sweden

Coordinated by the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR), University Admissions is often the first place students should turn to when they have questions. We are responsible for most aspects of the admissions process, as well as this website, and are here to help you.

If you have a question, you should:

  • Go to the University Admissions service centre. We have gathered a large list of the questions that are most often asked regarding the admissions process in Sweden. We hope you can find your answer there!

  • If you can't find an answer to your question, you can contact us. You'll find ways to get in touch with us at the service centre.

Here at University Admissions, we can answer questions regarding your account, the progress of your application, your Notification of Selection Results, and other questions related to your application here at


Sometimes, you may have a question that is best answered by an admissions officer at the university you're applying to. We have a list of contact information to Sweden's universities on this website. They are able to answer your questions regarding:

  • specific courses and programmes – what they're like, what is required

  • specific questions about the university

  • why you weren't accepted to a course or programme

  • specific entry requirements

  • housing, registration, required meetings, etc. offers information specifically for international students. There, you can find out what's it's like to study here. Topics such as housing, books, living in Sweden – things that aren't directly related to admission and your studies – are all covered at They also have extensive information regarding universities in Sweden and their courses and programmes. also has information about scholarship programmes offered by the Swedish Institute. See their website for further information, or contact them directly with your scholarship questions. is managed by the Swedish Institute.

Swedish Migration Agency

Students with citizenship from a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland must apply for a residence permit for studies in Sweden. Questions regarding a residence permit should be directed to the Swedish Migration Agency, the agency responsible for the residence permit process.

Photo Credit: Erik Lundback/UHR Image Bank

Last updated: 08 April 2019