In order for your application to be processed, all required documents must be submitted. You can find out here what you need to submit to University Admissions.

Please provide the following documents after submitting your online application. 

Do not submit documents that are not listed here, unless they are required by the university to which you are applying.

Record of completed upper secondary (high school) education

You must verify that you have successfully completed upper secondary education (post-16). This completed education, along with the awarded degree certificate or diploma, must qualify you for higher education studies in the country you received it.

University records

Bachelor's studies applicants who have attended university are required to submit documentation of their studies and results. 

For more information regarding documentation of university studies, please see Step 4: Submitting my university records.

Your university qualifications cannot be considered instead of your upper secondary (high school) qualifications

In order for your eligibility for courses and programmes at the bachelor's level to be determined - and for you to compete with other applicants for available places in courses and programmes - you must submit your upper secondary qualifications. While we require your university qualifications if you've completed studies at a university, they cannot be used in place of your upper secondary qualifications.

Document translation requirements

Upper secondary (high school)

documents issued in English, French, Spanish, German, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Finnish do not need to be translated. Upper secondary school documents in Icelandic regarding grades, such as transcripts and diplomas, do not need to be translated; however, other documents in Icelandic, such as a certificate of name change, must be translated.

If your documents are in any other language, you must also submit authorised translations of the documents into Swedish or English.

University level studies 

You must always submit your documents in the official language of the country where you studied. If this language is not Swedish, Danish, Norwegian or English, you must also provide an official translation. This translation should be in Swedish or English. 

Proficiency in English

You must also present proof of proficiency in the English language. For courses and programmes taught in Sweden, the entry requirement is usually the equivalent of the Swedish upper secondary course English 6. If your high school qualification in English does not fulfil this requirement, you must submit the official results from an internationally recognised test such as TOEFL or IELTS.

You can find out more about meeting the English requirement at the following link: English language requirements

Identification document

In order to speed up the processing of your application, we require a copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph, or a similar identification document.

Signed Cover sheet only when submitting documents via regular post

In order to link your documents with your admission application, you must print out a cover sheet, sign it, and submit it with the documents you submit via regular post. A cover sheet is not required when uploading documents. Please make sure the cover sheet is the first document in the document package you submit via regular post to University Admissions.

Students with a Swedish personal identity number need only supply that number on any documentation they submit to University Admissions in Sweden; a cover sheet is not required.

Your name must match on all documents

In order for your documents to be accepted:

  • the name provided on all your documents must be the same (ID, transcripts, degree certificate, diploma, etc.)
  • the name on your documents must match the name you reported in your account at

It's possible your name is not the same, for example if:

  • you used a nickname instead of your legal name when creating your account
  • you've gotten married and changed your name
  • you've legally changed your name
  • other reasons

If this is the case, you must provide us with documentation (for example, a marriage certificate if you've been married) as to why the names do not match. You can contact us if you're not sure what you should submit. The easiest way to get your documentation to us is by uploading it on

Evaluation of qualifications by the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR)

If you have an evaluation of your upper secondary qualifications from UHR (or even from Högskoleverket, the previous agency in charge of evaluations), you should submit this together with all required documents listed in the sections above.

Please note that an evaluation of your qualifications by UHR is not required for eligibility to continued studies in Sweden. 

You should submit this together with all required documents listed in the sections above for your admissions application to be processed.

Last updated: 19 December 2019