Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Vietnam, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English.

You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any documentation requirements

For bachelor's level studies:

The following meet the general criteria:

  • Bang Tot Nghiep Trung Hoc Pho Thong + Hoc Ba
  • Bang Trung Hoc Pho Thong + Hoc Ba
  • Bang Tu Tai Pho Thong Trung Hoc + Hoc Ba
  • Bang Tot Nghiep Pho Thong Trung Hoc + Hoc Ba
  • Bang Tot Nghiep Trung Hoc Chuyen Nghiep + Hoc Ba

To document your eligibility, please submit your upper secondary diploma and final transcript of grades.

For master's level studies:

For entry to a master's programme, the minimum requirement is a 4-year Vietnamese university Diploma (Bang Tot nghiep Dai Hoc).

Students holding a Bachelor's degree from a university which the Ministry of Education and Training has prohibited from admitting new students, must have a Master's degree to be considered.

Translation requirements

  • Transcripts issued in English by the university are accepted; in this case, transcripts in the original language are not required.
  • Note however that your diploma in the original language must always be included, along with an official translation to Swedish or English. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.
Last updated: 15 October 2019