Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in the United Kingdom (Scotland has a separate page), with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

You can meet the English requirement with your upper secondary studies with the GCSE/IGCSE, grade C/4.

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

In order to meet the entry requirements for as many subjects as possible, you must upload all of your certificates and diplomas from your British upper secondary education, for example GCE, GCSE, IGCSE and BTEC.

In order to meet the general eligibility requirements, you must have one of these combinations:

  • At least two GCE A level + all subjects from GCSE/ IGCSE/ Ordinary level, at least five different subjects in total.
  • BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma, 180 credits / BTEC National Diploma  + all subjects from GCSE/ IGCSE/ Ordinary level, at least five different subjects in total, or BTEC level 1+2.
  • BTEC Level 3 Diploma, 120 credits / BTEC National Certificate + all subjects from GCSE/ IGCSE/ Ordinary level, at least five different subjects in total, or BTEC level 1+2.
  • Access to Higher Education Diploma (AHED recognised by The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education)

Please submit the following documents:

  • Final Diploma
  • Final Transcript for all years included in your degree

If you have not yet finished your degree and received your final documentation, please follow the instructions For students in their final year of bachelor’s studies.

Please note that:

  • All documents must be officially issued, Statement of Results will not be accepted.
  • If you have a BTEC degree, you must submit both Certificate and Notification of Performance.
  • In order to meet the requirements for English and mathematics, you must submit documents that confirm you meet the requirements in these subjects, for example GCSE (BTEC level 1+2 cannot be used to confirm).

For master's level studies:

The minimum requirement for entry to a Master's programme is a Bachelor's degree (hons) of at least 330 CATS /SCQF points

  • Students holding only an ordinary, pass, condoned pass or compensated fail degree will not satisfy the entry requirements for a Master's programme.
  • Your Transcript of Records and Degree Certificate must be issued by a recognised body, usually a University, not your College/School/Department, and it must be signed and stamped by the recognised body.
  • If your degree includes accredited transfer credits, full documentation of the whole Bachelor education (including Accredited Previous Learning, APL) must be included. If you've studied abroad, be sure to include transcripts of those studies along with the rest of your documentation.

Information regarding Brexit

You can read the latest regarding Brexit at our information page for British citizens.

Last updated: 29 May 2020