Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Uganda, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

You can meet the English requirement with your upper secondary studies with Uganda Certificate of Education.

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

Students with a completely documented Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in Uganda are considered to have a sufficient level of English

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

The following meet the general requirement:

Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) and Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE), with a minimum of eight subjects in total of which at least two must be at Advanced Level.

In order to document your eligibility, please submit the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) and Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE). You're required to submit the officially issued certificate. 

Special instructions

If you graduated recently and have not yet received the official certificates issued by Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB), please do the following:

  • upload your Result Slips
  • contact UNEB and ask them to send a verification letter confirming your results.

The verification letter should be sent directly from the UNEB in a sealed envelope to University Admissions in Sweden. The address they should send your verification to is: 

University Admissions in Sweden
Box 45093
SE-104 30 Stockholm

UNEB may also send the certificate from an official e-mail address to verifications@uhr.se. We will unfortunately not be able to answer any questions sent to this address from other senders than UNEB.

For master's level studies:

A Bachelor's degree meets the general criteria.

To document your eligiblity, please submit your diploma and transcripts (for all years, including National Diploma/Higher National Diploma if accounted for in the bachelor’s degree).

Last updated: 15 October 2019