Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies the Netherlands, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

You can meet the English requirement with your upper secondary studies with VWO (Voorbereidend Wetenschappelijk Onderwijs) or HAVO (Hoger Algemeen Voortgezet Onderwijs) with a graduation year of 2010 and later. You must submit your diploma and cijferlijst from the completed education. 

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

One of the following is required:

  • Diploma Voorbereidend Wetenschappelijk Onderwijs, (VWO) + Cijferlijst
  • Diploma Hoger Algemeen Voortgezet Onderwijs (HAVO) + Cijferlijst
  • MBO-examen Niveau 4 + Cijferlijst

For master's level studies:

For entry into a Master's programme, the minimum requirement is a 180 ECTS Bachelor’s (WO) degree from a university, or a 240 ECTS Bachelor’s (HBO) degree from a university of applied science (Hogeschool).

Doctoraal/Baccalaureus with a minimum of 168 Studiepunten are also accepted.

  • If a propaedeutic (propedeuse) year is part of your education, the degree certificate and transcript from that year must be included in your application. 
  • If you have been admitted to a bachelor's degree fast track programme at a university of applied sciences, you must submit an official university certificate stating this if it is not clearly indicated on your academic documents.
  • If you've studied abroad, be sure to include transcripts of those studies along with the rest of your documentation.

Please note that we do not accept digitally issued university documentation from the Dienst Uitvoreing Onderwijs (DUO), even if it is stated on the document that it is valid digitally, without a signature. We only accept scans of the original versions of the diploma and cijferlijst.

Your documents must be translated

Dutch is not one of the languages we can accept without a translation. Please be sure to submit your documents in Dutch and in an official translation to Swedish or English. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.

Last updated: 04 June 2020