Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Syria, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Special instructions for paying your application fee

If you are in Syria, you will not be able to pay your application fee with a credit card. You can pay your application fee by transferring money from a bank in Syria to our bank here in Sweden. The following is a link with instructions for how you can transfer your fee.

Paying the application fee with a bank transfer

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English.

You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any documentation requirements

For bachelor's level studies:

General/Technical/Vocational Secondary Education Certificate (شهادة الدراسة الثانوية العامة).

Document translation requirements

Your documents must be submitted in the original Arabic, and also in an official translation in English, French or Swedish. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.


For master's level studies:

A Bachelor's degree (إجازة) meets the general criteria.

To document your eligibility, please submit your diploma/certificate and transcript (دبلوم آو مصدقة تخرج و كشف علامات).

  • Diploma or Graduation Certificate and transcripts of completed courses and grades must be provided in the original language and in an official translation. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator. Accepted translation languages are Swedish and English.
  • If your documents were issued in English by the university, you do not need to provide a translation.
  • Your transcripts must be officially signed and stamped by the university.
  • University Admissions in Sweden will not give exemptions from the requirement that students submit a Diploma or Graduation Certificate regardless of the reason provided.
  • If you upload your documents you must upload scans of the originals – not certified copies. However, if the original translation has copies of the documents in the original language stapled to it by the authorised translator, these will be accepted. Please note that you must upload scans of the original translation and that it must be obvious that the copies are attached to the translation.
  • Both the front and back sides of documents must be scanned and submitted.


Last updated: 29 July 2019