Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Portugal, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English..

You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

Certidão de Habilitações / Certificado de Fim de Estudos Secondários com as notas cursos anos 10,11 e 12

For master's level studies:

For entry into a Master's programme, the minimum requirement is a Licenciado or Diplomado de Estudos Superiores Especializados of at least 180 ECTS.

  • If you are studying a Maestrado Integrados programme and will be awarded a Licenciado before the programme start in Sweden, you must submit a Transcript of Records and an enrolment statement. Note that both of these documents must mention the Maestrado Integrados programme and that you will be awarded a Licenciado. If the statement only says that you will be awarded a Licenciado and the Transcript of records states that you are enrolled in the Maestrado Integrados programme we cannot match the two documents.
  • If your academic documentation is issued directly in English, the Portuguese title (e.g. Licenciado) must be stated in the original language (Portuguese).

Your documents must be translated

Portuguese is not one of the languages we can accept without a translation. Please be sure to submit your documents in Portuguese along with an official translation to Swedish or English. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.

Last updated: 29 July 2019