Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in the Philippines, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

You can meet the English requirement if English was a subject in all upper secondary school years AND was the only language of instruction for the Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or English was the Bachelor’s degree major. In this case, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

If you have studied according to the new K-12 Curriculum, you will not meet the English requirement based on your upper secondary studies. You may still meet the English requirement based on your previous university studies.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements


Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

The following meet the general entry requirement:

  • High School/Secondary Student’s Record (Form 137-A) + Associate degree/ Bachelor’s degree (Official Transcript of Records)
  • Senior High School Diploma + Student Permanent Record (year 11-12) from the new K-12 Curriculum

For master's level studies:

For entry to a Master’s programme, the minimum requirement is normally a 5-year Bachelor’s degree.

The following degrees are considered to fulfill the requirements:

  • A 5-year Bachelor’s degree (major in engineering, architecture, or similar)
  • A 6-year Bachelor’s degree (Doctor of Dental Medicine, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Doctor of Optometry)*
  • A 4-year Bachelor’s degree followed by a 4-year Bachelor of Law or a 4-year Doctor of Medicine
  • A 4-year Bachelor’s degree  followed by a 1 or 2-year Master’s degree

* A 2 or 3-year Associate degree in Pre-dental studies followed by 4 years of study in Dental Medicine resulting in a Doctor of Dental Medicine also meets the general entry requirement.

To document your eligibility, please submit your diploma(s) and transcript(s). 

Translation requirements

  • Transcripts and diploma issued in English by the university are accepted; in this case, transcripts in the original language are not required.
  • If your transcripts and diploma are issued in other languages (i.e. Filipino or latin), you also need to submit an official translation to Swedish or English. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.
Last updated: 13 November 2019