Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Nepal, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English.

You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any documentation requirements

For bachelor's level studies:

School Leaving Certificate (Grade XI & XII after 2017), Intermediate Certificate, Higher Secondary Certificate or Proficiency Certificate.

Documents required: Officially issued School Leaving Certificate Examination (Grade XI & XII), Higher Secondary Academic Transcript with all subjects and grades + Provisional Certificate, Intermediate Certificate Examination or Proficiency Certificate (Academic Transcript).

Did you graduate after 2009?
If you graduated after 2009, a passing grade in Mathematics is required to meet the general entry requirements for bachelor’s level studies. If you don’t have a passing grade in Mathematics in your Higher Secondary Certificate or Proficiency Certificate, you must also submit your Secondary School Certificate (SSC).

For master's level studies:

For entry to a Master's study programme, the minimum requirement is a 4-year Bachelor's degree, or a Bachelor's degree followed by a Master's degree. Some, but not all, study programmes require the first degree be in a related field.

Consideration will also be given to applicants who have attained a 3-year Bachelor's degree with honours in humanities or social science subjects.

Students holding only a 3-year Bachelor's degree without honours will not satisfy the entry requirements for a Master's programme.

Please note:

  • college-issued mark sheet/result card/transcript will not be accepted.
  • ‘Character certificates’ cannot replace the official degree certificates/provisional degree certificates as accepted documentation of a completed degree.


Last updated: 15 October 2019