Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Liberia, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

You can meet the English requirement with your upper secondary studies with:

  • GCE O-level in English
  • English in your SSCE/WASSCE

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

Students with a completely documented Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in Liberia are considered to have a sufficient level of English.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

One of the following certificates must be submitted with your application:

  • West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE), with at least six (6) subjects including English and Mathematics
  • Liberia Senior High School Certificate (LSHSCE), with at least six (6) subjects including English, Mathematics and a science subject
  • Senior School Certificate, with at least six (6) subjects
  • Senior High School Certificate

All upper secondary school results must be issued by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC).

You are required to submit the officially issued certificate. Print-outs from the online verification are never accepted. If you have not yet received your official certificate, you may in exceptional cases send Result slips/Statement of results/Notification of Results along with your scratch card details (see below).

If you have lost your certificate, you should ask WAEC to send a “Confirmation of Result” to:

Swedish Council for Higher Education
Box 45093
SE-104 30 Stockholm

Submit scratch card for verification

In addition to a copy of your certificate, you are also required to submit a scratch card. Alternatively, you can send your serial number and PIN on a piece of paper. You may also submit the scratch card using the contact form. 

Please note that any discrepancies between name and/or birth date on your documents must be explained with official documentation that confirms change of name/birth date or an affidavit.

For master's level studies:

A Bachelor's degree meets the general criteria.

To document your eligibility, please submit your Diploma and transcripts (for all years, including National Diploma/Higher National Diploma if accounted for in the bachelor’s degree).

Last updated: 15 October 2019