Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Kenya, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

You can meet the English requirement with your upper secondary studies with the Kenya Certificate of Education or Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education.

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

Students with a completely documented Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in Kenya are considered to have a sufficient level of English.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

The following meet the general criteria:

  • Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
  • Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE) + Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE)

Submitting your documents

If you live outside Sweden: You have to contact Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) and ask them to send us a Statement of Examination Results to confirm your examination results. The statement must be sent directly from KNEC in a sealed envelope to University Admissions in Sweden (see address below).

You should also upload a scan of your original certificate to your account.

If you live in Sweden: Submit the original certificate (not a copy) by registered mail to:

Swedish Council for Higher Education
Attn: Verifications
Box 45093
SE-104 30 Stockholm

We will send your original back to you by registered mail so please make sure that you have given us your correct address.

For master's level studies:

A Bachelor's degree meets the general criteria.

To document your eligibility, please submit your Diploma and transcripts (for all years, including National Diploma/Higher National Diploma if accounted for in the bachelor’s degree).

Last updated: 15 October 2019