Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Jordan, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English.

You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any documentation requirements

For bachelor's level studies:

General Secondary Education Certificate (شهادة الدراسة الثانوية العامة)

  • If your upper secondary school is accredited with or follows another country's or the IB curriculum, you must follow the instructions for how to submit documents from that country or IB. You can find instructions for other countries here and for IB here. If you're unsure, submit your documents according to the rules for both.
  • Your documents must be submitted in the original Arabic, and in an official translation. Both are required. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.

For master's level studies:

The minimum requirement is a Bachelor's degree (إجازة)

To demonstrate your eligibility you must submit your officially issued transcript of record (which includes the grading system) and Diploma (دبلوم و كشف درجات و ذظام الدرجات).

  • If you upload your documents, you must scan your original documents; certified copies are not accepted.
  • If you send your documents via regular post, you must send officially certified copies i.e. copies certified by the issuing university or a notary public.
  • Both the front and back sides of documents must be scanned and submitted. 

Last updated: 08 April 2019