Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Italy, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

You can meet the English requirement with your upper secondary studies if:

  • you have a Maturità Linguistica or Classica with extended English course (approximately 800 hours) or
  • you completed your Maturità Linguistica after 1 January 2015 with English as your first foreign language.

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

Pagelle Scolastiche anni 3, 4 e 5 and Diploma di superamento dell'esame di Stato conclusivo del corso di studio di istruzione secondaria superiore / Diploma di Maturità.

For master's level studies:

For entry into a Master's programme, the minimum requirement is a 180 ECTS Bachelor’s (Laurea) degree or the equivalent from a university:

  • Laurea
  • Diploma Accademico di Primo Livello (First Cycle Level Degree)
  • Laurea Specialistica / Magistrale a cicolo unico
  • Diploma di Conservatorio

Translation requirements:

  • Transcripts issued in English by the university are accepted; in this case, transcripts in the original language are not required.
  • Note however that your diploma in the original language must always be included, along with an official translation to Swedish or English. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.
  • If you have completed academic qualifications from a conservatory and received a Diploma di Conservatorio, you need to submit your diploma and transcripts both in the original language and in translation, along with your diploma from upper secondary school, Esame di stato/Maturita Accepted languages for translations are Swedish or English.

Digitally signed and self-declared documents

We accept digitally signed documents if we are able to verify them. Most often we are unable to verify documents that are uploaded. If you receive a message stating we were unable to verify your documents, you must have your documents certified by a qualified officer of the university.

We cannot accept self-declarations (Dichiarazione). All transcripts must be officially issued.

Did you complete your studies at an American University?

If you completed your studies at John Cabot University please see Country Specific requirements for U.S.A.

Last updated: 13 November 2019