Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Indonesia, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English.

You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and must be documented

For bachelor's level studies:

The following diploma/certificate meets the criteria: Ijazah/Surat Tanda Tamat Belajar-Sekolah Menengah (SMU/SMA)

You must also submit the transcript of grades: Daftar Nilai

Please note that you must submit your results from both the National Examination (Ujian Nasional) and School Examination (Ujian Sekolah).

For master's level studies:

For entry to a master's programme, the minimum requirement is a 4-year Sarjana (S1), with a minimum of 144 credits.

Students holding only a Diploma IV (DIV), Sarjana Sains Terapan (SST), or Bachelor of Applied Science will not satisfy the entry requirements for a Master's programme.

Document translation requirements

Transcripts issued in English by the university are accepted; in this case, transcripts in the original language are not required.

Note however that your diploma in the original language must always be included, along with an official translation to Swedish or English. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.

Last updated: 16 April 2020