Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in India, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

You can meet the English requirement with your upper secondary studies with grades in English and at least three other subjects with English as the language of instruction stated on your official upper secondary certificate. If your upper secondary studies with grades in English are issued by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), you need to submit the Indian School Certificate (ISC) and Statement of Marks.

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

Students with a Bachelor's degree (equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen) in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Applications, Medicine, Pharmacy, Natural Sciences or Technology, unless it is documented that the language of instruction for the programme was a language other than English, meet the English requirement. 


You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

The following diplomas/certificates meet the criteria:

  • Higher Secondary Certificate Examination
  • Intermediate Examination Certificate
  • All India Senior School Certificate Examination
  • Pre-University Education Certificate
  • Indian School Certificate (ISC)

  • Certificate of Vocational Education (CVE)

  • Polytechnic Diploma/Diploma Examination Certificate

Submit your upper secondary Examination Certificate with Statement of Marks issued by a nationally recognised Board (certificates issued by the school will not be accepted).

Did you graduate after 2009?

If you graduated after 2009, a passing grade in Mathematics is required to meet the general entry requirements for bachelor’s level studies. If you don’t have a passing grade in Mathematics in your Higher Secondary Certificate or Proficiency Certificate, you must also submit your Secondary School Certificate (SSC).

For master's level studies:

For entry to a Master's study programme, the minimum requirement is a 4-year Bachelor's degree, or a Bachelor's degree followed by a Master's degree (4 years of study in total). Some, but not all, study programmes require for that first degree to be in a related field.

Consideration will also be given to applicants who have attained a 3-year Bachelor's degree with honours in certain social science or humanities majors.

Students holding only a 3-year Bachelor's degree without honours will not satisfy the entry requirements for a Master's programme. A Post Graduate Diploma is not considered equivalent to a Swedish kandidatexamen.

The following degrees do not satisfy the entry requirements for a master's programme:

  • A Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery from India, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh
  • A Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery from India, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh

What should I submit?

To demonstrate your eligibility, you must submit your transcript of record for all four years and your diploma.

Supporting document requirements

  • College-issued mark sheet/result card/transcript will not be accepted (unless they are from an autonomous Indian college).
  • You should always upload provisional certificate/diploma issued by the university and not college (Diplomas issued by college will not be accepted).
  • Diploma and study results from all years of post-secondary education must be submitted if they are required for continued studies, e.g. lateral entry: continuing to the second year of higher education after having completed post-secondary courses.
Last updated: 15 July 2020