Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Hong Kong, China, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

You can meet the requirement if English is listed on the Hong Kong Certificate of Education with a grade of at least ‘C’ or if listed on the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education with a Subject level grade of at least 1/E/Attained.

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

The following meet the general criteria:

  • Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) officially issued by Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority (HKEAA)
  • Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) + Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE) / Hong Kong Advanced Supplementary Level Examination (HKASLE)

To document your eligibility, please submit your upper secondary diploma and final transcript of grades.

For master's level studies:

For entry to a master's programme, the minimum requirement is a 3-year Bachelor's (Honours) degree, with admission based on the HKALE. After education system reforms, the minimum requirement will be a 4-year Bachelor (Honours) Degree.

To document your eligibility, please submit your diploma and transcript.

Last updated: 08 April 2019