Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Greece, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English.

You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any documentation requirements

For bachelor's level studies:

Aπολυτηριο (Apolytirion) / πτυχιο (Ptychio(n)).

If you've studied a vocational education and training programme and been awarded a Ptychio, you must submit your grades from each year of studies.

For master's level studies:

The following are accepted and are the equivalent of at least a Bachelor's degree:

  • Πτυχίο (Ptychion) 4 - 6 years
  • Πτυχίο TEI (Ptychio Tei) 3.5 - 4 years
  • ΔΙΠΛΩΜΑ (Diploma) 4 - 6 years. 

Translation instructions

If your documents are issued in Greek, you must submit them in both the original language (Greek) and in an official translation to Swedish or English. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.

If your documents are issued in English, they can be accepted (and no translation is required) if the title of the degree is clearly stated on the documents. Any documentation in English cannot be certified or attested in Greek. 

Special instructions for submitting your documents:

If you are submitting copies of your academic documents via regular post, you must prepare them in the following way (if you upload scans of your documents, you must scan originals):

  • It must be clearly stated on the copies of the translated academic documents you send that they are officially certified, true copies of the original translated documents. A signature from the translator certifying the document is a true translation from the original Greek is not sufficient.

For information regarding how to submit true, certified copies of the original document, please see the following link:

Certifying documents

Did you complete your studies at an American university?

If you completed your studies at Deree College (The American College of Greece) or the American College of Thessaloniki please see Country Specific requirements for U.S.A.

Last updated: 15 October 2019