Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in France, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

You can meet the English requirement with your upper secondary studies with:

  • LV1 from série A2, L or ES with profile langue vivante
  • LV1 from série L, ES, S, STI2D, STL, STD2A if you graduated 2012 or later

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

Diplôme de Baccalauréat Général / Technologique / Professionnel + Releve de Notes du Baccalauréat

For master's level studies:

Diplôme d'État or Diplômes visés par l'État are required.

  • Relevé de notes (academic transcripts, officially signed and stamped by the university) showing all subjects and examination results for each year of study are required (including transcripts from classes préparatoires, officially signed and stamped by the lycée).
  • Diplômes de l'école or Diplôme de l'université are not accepted.

Translation requirements

Your diploma must be submitted in the original language. No translation is required.

You must submit your transcript/Diploma Supplement of completed courses and grades in the original language. You must also provide an official translation. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator. Accepted languages for translations are Swedish or English.

American University in Paris

If you completed your studies at the American University in Paris please see Country Specific requirements for U.S.A.

Last updated: 04 June 2020