Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Finland, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

You can meet the English requirement with your upper seconday studies with an English advanced course (pitkä oppimäärä/lång lärokurs) in the Matriculation exam (Ylioppilastutkintotodistus/Studentexamen).

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

  • Lukion Päättötodistus + Ylioppilastutkintotodistus / Avgångsbetyg + Studentexamensbetyg
  • Examensbetyg, yrkesinriktad grundexamen 120 sv / Tutkintotodisus, ammatillinen perustutkinto,120 ov
  • Examensbetyg, yrkesinriktad grundexamen 180 kp/Tutkintotodisus, ammatillinen perustutkinto, 180 osp, as well as your transcipt of record with all your grades and subjects that are included in your degree.

Abibetyg/Studiebetygsutdrag/Opintokirjan ote/Jaksotodistus do not fulfill the basic requirements without the above documentation.

For master's level studies:

For entry to a Master's programme, the minimum requirement is a 180 ECTS university degree (Kadidaatti/Kandidat), or a 210 ECTS degree (Ammattikorkeakoulututkinto/Yrkeshögskoleexamen) from a university of applied science (Ammattikorkeakoulu/Yrkeshögskola)

Translation requirements

If your transcript and degree certificate were issued in Finnish, please submit copies of these original documents as well as an official translation to Swedish or English. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.

Last updated: 08 April 2019