Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Croatia, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

You can meet the requirement with your upper secondary studies with English at the advanced level as part of your written Matura exam (drzavna matura) with a graduation year of 2010 and later.

If you’re documenting your English based on your upper secondary studies, you must provide upper secondary documents in order to demonstrate you meet the requirement. Please submit your upper secondary documents as indicated below under ’For bachelor’s level studies’.

You can also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

The following Secondary School Certificates meet the general criteria:

  • Svjedodzba o Polozenoj Drzavnoj Maturi (2010 and later)
  • Svjedozba o Zavrsnom Ispitu
  • Svjedodzba o Zavrsnom Ispitu-maturi
  • Svjedodzba o Zavrsnom Radu

To document your eligibility, please submit the Secondary School Certificate and transcript of grades for all four upper secondary years (Svjedodzba, razred 1-4). Level IV required. Please note that with a graduation year of 2010 and later, a state matura exam (drzavna matura) is also required.

Always submit your documents in the original language

You must submit your documents in the original language. You must also provide an official translation of your documents. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.

If your school issues your documents in English, these alone cannot be accepted. We must also have the documents in their original language.

For master's level studies:

A 3-year academic degree Baccalareaus/Baccalareus meets the general criteria.

To document your eligibility, please submit your final transcript of record and Diploma. If your diploma supplement lists all your courses, it can replace the transcript.

  • All pages with text/writing/stamps must be submitted, even back pages.
  • Please note that entries in academic record books (Index) cannot be accepted as transcripts of records. 

Always submit your documents in the original language

Academic documents issued in English by the university can be accepted (no translation is required) if the title of the degree is clearly stated on the documents. Please note that in some instances, we may also require documents issued in their original language.

RIT Croatia

If you completed your studies at RIT Croatia please see Country Specific requirements for The United States for information on how to submit your university documentation.

Last updated: 20 February 2020