Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Brazil, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English.

You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and must be documented

For bachelor's level studies:

Diploma de Ensino Médio / Certificado de Conclusão 2 º Grau / Diploma de Técnico de Nivel Médio / 2 Grau + Histórico Escolar Serie 1,2,3

Translation requirements for upper secondary documents

Portuguese is not one of the languages we can accept without a translation. Please be sure to submit your upper secondary education documents in Portuguese and in an official translation to Swedish, English, French or German. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.

For master's level studies:

4-year Bacharel/Bacharelado, Licenciatura (Licenciado) or Titulo Proffissional

Translation requirements for university documents

  • Transcripts issued in English by the university are accepted; in this case, transcripts in original language are not required.
  • Note however that your diploma in original language must always be included, along with an official translation to Swedish or English. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.
Last updated: 29 July 2019