Welcome to the information page for applicants who have completed studies in Albania, with information about meeting the English requirement, what previous studies meet the basic entry requirements, and any special documentation instructions. 

Start with Step 1 - Finding out what I need to submit

There are general instructions for all applicants; it is important that you start with Step 1 and then work your way through the remaining steps in order to submit the right documents in the right way.

Meeting the English requirement - bachelor's and master's level studies

Upper secondary studies completed in this country do not meet the English requirement for studies in Sweden. Even if you studied English at your upper secondary school, it is not enough to give you eligibility in regard to English.

You can demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement through certain university studies, or an internationally approved English test. Find out more at the following link:

English language requirements

Previous studies that meet the general entry requirements and any special documentation instructions

For bachelor's level studies:

A Secondary School Certificate meets the criteria.

To demonstrate your eligibility, please submit your Secondary School Certificate (Dëftesë Pjekurie/ Diplomë e Maturës Shtetërore) and transcript of grades for all upper secondary years (Vleresimet Viti 1-4)

  • If your Diploma is deposited at your university, an official Certificate (vërtetim me nota) must be submitted.

Always submit your documents in the original language

You must submit your documents in the original language. You must also provide an official translation of your documents. Official means that your translation must be completed by a translation company or a person who works as a translator.

If your school issues your documents in English, these alone cannot be accepted. We must also have the documents in their original language.

For master's level studies:

A Diplomë e Nivelit të Parë of at least 3-years meets the general criteria

To demonstrate your eligibility, please submit your final transcript of record and Diploma. If your diploma supplement lists all your courses, it can replace the transcript of record.

  • All pages with text/writing/stamps must be submitted, even back pages.
  • Please note that entries in academic record books (Index) cannot be accepted as transcript.

Document translation instructions

Academic documents issued in English by the university can be accepted (no translation is required) if the title of the degree is clearly stated on the documents. Please note that in some instances, we may also require documents issued in their original language.

Last updated: 08 April 2019